About the job
Want to build and code real robots for a living? GIM Robotics offers a unique opportunity for people who are not only interested in software that runs somewhere in a cloud, but are also excited to see big machines being moved by the software.
GIM Robotics is looking for a robotics engineer who will focus on perception software development. We currently have two different opportunities in the field of perception.
- 3D mapping and map-based positioning software — the core component of robots that operate in the real world.
- Obstacle detection based on sensor fusion — used primarily for collision warning systems
In both cases, the goal is to enable our customers’ machines to move autonomously, or to provide other intelligent functions such as driver assistance for improved safety.
Our customer projects vary from small proof-of-concepts to complete system deliveries in various industries and environments. For example, currently we have projects related to trams, agriculture, trains, autonomous vessels, autonomous cars, parcel delivery and self-driving service robots. At the heart of every application is our software suite based on a strong academic background in the field of autonomous navigation and robotics.
As a perception engineer, you are a proficient developer (preferably with experience in C++) and have a good understanding of perception algorithms and a strong mathematical background. You are capable of independent work and able to design architecture as well as implement it. You will work in an agile squad that has freedom over their ways of working.
Also, support is available from specialists with strong domain knowledge, as well as interest groups focused around certain problem areas. As a startup company, we value spontaneous attitude and courage to spot places for improvement. Good collaboration skills are a must, since open and plentiful communication is the base of our working culture and competence.
We hope you have
- University level (B.Sc. or higher) degree from a relevant field, for example, robotics, automation engineering, computer science, physics, or similar.
- At least mid-level experience with C++ or Python
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Capability for independent work both in software design and implementation
- Experience from software development as part of a team
- Passion for software development and autonomous mobile robots in general
We consider as a plus
- Fluency in ROS
- Experience in sensor fusion
- Experience in perception algorithms
- Strong mathematical background
- Understanding of machine learning methods
- Experience with agile methodologies and development tools
We offer you
- A versatile work with exciting projects around cutting edge technology
- A relaxed and tightly-knit working environment
- Flexibility in your tools and working style
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Possibility to specialize and educate around a topic of your liking
- An opportunity to learn state-of-the-art algorithms related to perception
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Benefits: gym, sauna, lunch benefit
NOTICE: Please attach a short cover letter to your application with a salary request!